Friday, August 17, 2007

small town America

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thanks for coming along with me to Hannibal, Missouri. The town is a good ambassador for small town America.

I always love visiting a place for the very first time. I feel an enthusiasm for new experiences.

Tomorrow morning I'll be leaving on another field trip, this time back to Hot Springs, Arkansas. You've visited there with me before, but perhaps this time I'll come back with new images and interesting experiences to share.

See you in a week!

7 comments:

RebeccaMcCormick said...

Hannibal, Mo. is a great little town. Glad to hear you're coming our way next!

Recently geographer Warren Bland named Hot Springs, Ark. the No. 1 place in America to retire.

I gotta admit, Hot Springs is a pretty cool place to live, even for those of us who aren't yet retired.

Rebecca McCormick,
Travel writer, Hot Springs Village Voice

Anonymous said...

Even though I live in this area, the views of the river always take my breath away. I have never been to Lover's Leap. I assume that is where this shot was taken from. Absolutely gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I've heard of this place called Arkansas. I may have even spent a few nights there. It's been a while though.

Ava said...

Hot Springs is wonderful. I grew up in that area ... Springfield Missouri was an hour away and Joplin Missouri was right around the corner (half an hour). Neosho, Missouri would be the place. Very close to the Arkansas border.

BettyWestern said...

You said a week Zanne, where are you? Your fan base awaits!!

Woody said...

Nice photo. I have run a train through Hannibal many times, but this is a view I never get to see. There is a tunnel that has a right hand turn to it before the western end of the draw bridge. Enjoy your blog.

Suzanne said...

Thanks for all the comments. Woody, I never thought about the fact that train engineers never get to really see and experience the places they travel through with their jobs. The same must be true for over-the-road truckers and my husband assures me that business travel doesn't allow for much delving into local scene.