Wednesday, January 24, 2007

resourcefulness



I admire the resourcefulness and ingenuity of people who have to make do.

Here's another image from my guest photographer Tony Pecararo. The purpose of Tony's trip to Haiti was to help construct a new roof on a local church. In our travels in the Caribbean and Central America we've found some interesting construction sites. One site in Belize featured a three-story tall scaffolding system made entirely of bamboo and strong branches.

As you can see these Haitians have constructed a stick framework with which to support their project.

I call it the "McGuyver" method of getting things done.

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Before I even read your post, I thought to myself, "That can only be in Haiti." I spent three and a half years there teaching missionary kids, and it was a true adventure. The people are so clever at making do. I see another photo down below...must go see.