Wednesday, April 20, 2005

spring thaw

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Up until a few weeks ago, snow hid in patches along the stream, sheltered from the warming sun by trees and bushes. In the spring the melting snow swells the streams that run along the middle of the field. The small concrete bridge I stand on to take the photograph is still in very good condition and it was built in 1949, when I was just a two year old. Some of the bridges haven't fared so well, and are crumbing under the elements. The beautiful blue sky reflected in the stream is a promise of good things to come. This is one of my favorite photos.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And so it should be. It looks like a beautiful place to find some solitude.

Anonymous said...

I was born in 1947 also. Your photography is WONDERFUL! I enjoy it every day.

Anonymous said...

I love the greenish-blue color of the water closest to the bottom of the photo--absolutely beautiful!

Ezequiel Mesquita said...

What a peaceful place! I like the soft tones, they give the picture a relaxing feel.
BTW, though I use this template too in my blog, I think the former white background gave your site a brighter, enjoyable feel...(It's just my humble opinion)