Monday, June 27, 2005

potential

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The violin holds potential in the hands of a talented musician, and performance is the marriage of talent, emotion and hard work.

If you were to follow my comments on other sites, you'd discover that I'm not knowledgable enough of a photographer to discuss the technical aspects of the work. As a student of human nature, and cultural and social issues, I'm always interested in the story the photo tells. If the story is not readily apparent, I make one up. I've posted two separate photos of this talented young man in hopes that my small but loyal readers will comment on the merits of each. I love the darker nature of the previous photo, but in this one John's eyes are closed which supports my vision of music flowing from deep inside, unfettered by the sheet music which he cannot see.

3 comments:

sugarcreekfarm said...

I like this photo best. Because of the closed eyes for the very reason you gave. And because I like the light in this one. The glow mimics the glow I feel when playing music I love. Alas, it doesn't happen often enough these days.

srp said...

Yes, I think this one has the most feeling. One can almost hear the music flowing from his bow.

Karen Schmautz said...

What a wonderful blog you have. Very unique.

I like this picture best for the same reasons you post.

Thanks for bringing macaroni & Cheese to the Blog-R-Que...it looks absolutely fabulous. I want to make it now.