Tuesday, May 23, 2006

upstairs window

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Along with lonely tree photos one of my favorite genre of images is something I'll call "the upstairs window" photo. No matter how beautiful the weather, how sunny the day, an upstairs window always holds some danger and mystery.

The sky and some branches reflect off the old glass. You can never acutally see inside, maybe just a shadowy figure. The curtains seem to move imperceptibly...is someone watching? This always spooks me out. I wonder what Freud would say about that.

NOTE: The screen door is open, so please feel free to visit The Back Porch

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a Wyeth painting. (Also, someone is still living on the 2nd floor it appears.)

Suzanne said...

This is at the Garfield Farm Inn, which is now a museum. Thanks for the comparison of the composition to Wyeth. I jokingly told the young assistant at the museum that I wanted to recreate the painting "Christina' World" using her as a model. Don't know if she will comply.

Pablo, aren't you so proud of this old woman? I finally figured out how to add links to my blog. Only took a year. HA!

KatKit13 said...

I like the bird's nest in the corner of the roof. It can't be that scary a place. :)